|Study location||Türkiye, Istanbul|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
At least 2 reference(s) must be provided.
- You should aim to provide 2 academic references but employer references are also accepted
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
****Please insert your Statement of Purpose(Motivation Letter) in this section. Admissions Committee will not take applications without a Statement of Purpose (Motivation Letter) into consideration. You can also upload the extended version of your Statement of Purpose under checklist documents..****
One of the most important parts of your application is the motivation letter. Its goal is to introduce your background and support your application. In short, its goal is to answer the question:
Write in a clear and logical manner: remember, the way you write and present yourself says a lot about you. Do not plagiarize as this will mean automatic disqualification from the evaluation process.
Some points that may help you answer this question:
Click here to check our How to write a strong Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose video on YouTube.
• Official Transcripts
• English Language Proficiency:
- TOEFL (for international applicants),
• Standardized tests:
-GRE (for international applicants)
• Statement of Purpose
• 2 reference letters
Click here for details.
The Department of Psychology aims at producing theoretical and applied research, scholarship, and teaching at a quality that meets and even exceeds the national and international academic standards and at addressing issues that are relevant to national and human development. The Department seeks active participation of the students in such research projects, to help them gain first-hand experience in conducting research and to familiarize them with issues that are of concern to human development.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related program are encouraged to apply. Students with Bachelor`s degrees in other fields will have a lower chance to be admitted to the program.
The department expects the students to gain knowledge in almost all fields of psychology and to be aware of different approaches to psychology. The interests of the faculty include a wide range of areas such as cognitive, social, social-cognitive, cross-cultural, organizational, developmental, clinical psychology, and psychology of language. Students get a chance to actively participate in national and international research projects that are conducted by our faculty. The department also regularly invites leading national and international scholars in psychology to introduce students to the field at large.
Psychology Graduate Program offers the four research tracks in the following areas:
- Clinical Psychological Science
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social I/O Psychology
- To master the basic concepts of psychology, to have the ability to apply these concepts to professional practices.
- To learn objective methods to study human behavior, feelings, and thoughts, to conduct scientific studies applying these methods.
- To develop an awareness of the social-psychological problems, and an ability to formulate knowledge and solutions to such problems.
- To develop skills in critical and analytical thinking.
- Developing effective written and spoken communication skills and working effectively both individually and in a team.
- To know the professional limits, competencies, and professional responsibilities, to apply the rules of professional ethics and values in their studies.
- Identify and analyze current problems in psychology and in related fields
- Knowing the psychological approaches and methods used in a chosen field of study, preparing unique scientific work, and publishing original articles on psychological disorders according to the field of expertise.
- To understand the relationship of psychology with other disciplines.
Koç University’s Master of Art (MA) in Psychology Program is a two-year graduate program with three concentration areas: Developmental, Social/Organizational Psychology, and Cognitive Psychology. The students receive rigorous training in both statistical methods and areas of specialization. The program emphasizes students’ training in both research and its applications with scholars who are leaders in their areas of expertise.
Click here details.
Graduates of Koç University Psychology graduate programs can continue their academic careers in Turkey and abroad. And they also will be privileged to work in hospitals, rest homes, and rehabilitation centers, schools, courses, prisons, and human resources departments.
Click here for the MA placements.